Who Is OGIC?
Everyone associated with OGIC has two things in common.
- We are dedicated to creating a community of hobbyists, viticulturists, and vintners.
- We provide support to everyone in the wine and grape industry in Oklahoma.
OGIC would like to extend an invitation to:
- home winemakers
- wine enthusiasts
- licensed wineries & vineyards
in Oklahoma to join our organization.
What Does OGIC Do?
Here are the different ways we support our industry.
- Coalition of state-wide grape growers and winemakers working cooperatively to move the Oklahoma Grape and Wine Industry forward in progressive & positive ways.
- Improve grape quality through grant & viticulture education classes offered by Oklahoma State University
Improve wine quality through grants, testing & competitions
- As an industry, join marketing groups such as MIO coalition, Oklahoma Travel Industry Association, Agritourism Association
- Utilize organization funds for the promotion of Oklahoma grapes and Oklahoma manufactured wines
- Facilitate grape sales by matching vineyards with compatible wineries
- Work cooperatively to create and pass legislation which benefits the Oklahoma Grape & Wine Industry
- Work closely with Redlands Community College, Oklahoma State University, VESTA, Oklahoma Dept. of Agriculture Food & Forestry and the ABLE Commission.
- Create an environment in Oklahoma Government that encourages and assists commercial vineyard & winery businesses.